The main objectives of the Mining Business Center are:
- To build a site that meets environmental standards and energy efficiency requirements, which will serve as a showcase for a mining base and leave its mark on the revitalization and development of territorial planning;
- To establish better synergy between the actions of all institutional actors in the sector and operators aimed at stimulating legal mining investments;
- To expedite administrative procedures and services in the mining sector;
- To connect the international and national markets in order to reduce intermediaries and increase price returns for small-scale miners and processors of mining products.
The expected results are:
- Increase in the number of new mining investors operating in Madagascar;
- Improvement in the flow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) through various new mining projects;
- Acceleration and improvement of administrative procedures (service quality);
- To be the showcase of “Doing Business” and good business practices in Madagascar.
- Establishment of better synergy between the actions of all institutional actors in the sector;
- Eradication of underground and informal economies;
- Encouragement of local processing of mining products, aiming to increase added value;
- Improvement of the economic contribution of the mining sector to the country’s development in general through various mining projects;
- Possibility of hosting international exhibitions and conferences related to the mining sector.