The main objectives are:
- Build a site that meets the requirements of environmental standards and energy saving which will be a showcase for a mining life base;
- Establish a better synergy between the actions of all institutional actors in the mining sector with operators aimed at stimulating mining investments;
- Accelerate administrative procedures and services in the mining sector;
- Connect the international and domestic market to reduce intermediaries and increase price spillovers for smallholders and mining processor.
The expected results are:
- Increase the number of new mining investors operating in Madagascar;
- Improved flow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) through various new mining projects;
- Acceleration and improvement of administrative procedures (quality of service);
- Being the showcase of “Doing business” and good business practice in Madagascar;
- Establishing better synergy between the actions of all institutional actors in the sector;
- Eradication of underground and informal economies;
- Encouraging local processing of mining products with a view to increasing value added;
- Improvement of the economic contribution of the mining sector to the development of the country in general through the various mining projects;
- Possibility to host international trade fairs and conferences related to the mining sector.